The Vampire


** SHORT STORY **

In the beginning, they appear to you like stars in the night, bright and beautiful. You can’t put your finger on it but there’s something alluring about their presence. They make you feel safe to open up your heart but that’s because they’ve falsely shown you theirs. You can’t see it. But behind those sparkling eyes is sinister intentions. Forget the alarm bells that they all talk about, this monster will trap you first and then it’s too late. 

One day, 

Your beliefs become a reflection of theirs, 

Your voice is merely an echo of them, 

You become the butt of their jokes, 

Like the King’s Jester, 

Your pain will become a weapon used against you, 

They play games, 

They like making you think you’re crazy, 

They wear victimhood like a cloak of honour, 

Control will be camouflaged as love, 

They will ALWAYS allow you to feel lost, 

It serves them better to have you stuck in the dark. 

And like a vampire, they will suck on on your body for blood until you're dry to the bone.

** SHORT STORY **


Though I can chit-chat until I am blue in the face, there have been many moments where I have chosen to swallow my voice out of fear. I have put myself in mentally damaging scenarios purely to keep someone happy. I have donated my love and light for people who have treated it like shit underneath their shoe. There have been countless times where I have sacrificed my healing time in exchange for being an emotional dumping ground for others. Yes, all of those experiences were my own choices, but I will never regret being that loving, kind and open-hearted human. What I have learned is there is no joy in being a peacemaker, it is tiring to constantly want to please others, and moulding yourself to fit people’s expectations is suffocating. It’s harsh to hear but some people DON’T HAVE YOUR BEST INTEREST because your light is just the petrol to their own tank. Do not shame yourself, if one day you realise that you're being used to fluff up their peacock feathers, and then left in the dirt as they parade the streets for attention. 


Taking back our power/energy and not feeding others isn’t an easy path. When we stop giving our energy away, we can find ourselves starting to feel uneasy or fearful because the ego hates the unknown!! The ego wants you to stay in the little box because it knows what to expect. It knows that if we stay here under the thumb of someone else then we can’t get hurt or have to be vulnerable. But it’s quite the opposite. I began to realise that every time I chose to not stand in my own corner and allowed someone to dictate who I should be the greater I would feel sadness, pain and abandonment. It reflected in my body with nightly panic attacks which felt like my heart was being pulled out of my chest. My throat chakra was constantly blocked for years, and it manifested in sore throats, chronic coughs and too many severe batches of tonsillitis. We also have to acknowledge that we can be our own vampire. Like myself, I can guess you’ve probably had your own battles too with your body image, self-worth, fears, emotions because we are all human. We haven’t been designed to be perfect. However, what I know to my core, is that the most detrimental action we can take against our soul is choosing to not be our authentic self. 


We don’t always see the red flags until we’re too deep and when we do come back up for air it can be fucking scary. But know this, speaking your truth is your given birthright. You have the power to express all of your emotions regardless if they don’t like what you have to say. You have the strength to say no when something isn’t serving your higher self positively. You deserve to shine your light out into the universe and you have EVERY RIGHT to shield it from those who choose to mistreat it. Believe me, setting boundaries to support the well-being of your mind, body and soul doesn’t make you selfish. Google defined communication as, “the imparting or exchanging of information by speaking, writing, or using some other medium” but I know it’s not as simple as that. Speaking our truth can be incredibly hard. It’s no race nor is it a destination where you’ll get it right all the time. At the end of the day, all we can do is keep trying or swimming if you fancy that it instead. 



Affirmation: I am becoming a stronger soul each day. 


xoxo blame it on the moon



Comments

  1. Brilliant. I so resonate with this. Thank you. πŸ™πŸΌπŸ’žπŸ•―x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and I’m glad you do! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts