Do you really need to meditate?

If the thought of meditating makes you want to gauge your eyes out then don’t fucking do it, and instead, choose something else that makes you feel good. Don’t get me wrong, meditating is amazing and I would always say give it a go because personally it’s helped me to practice being present (I always think of stupid shit that I did in 2015 at approximately 11 pm). You wouldn’t believe it now, but I used to be scared of meditating because I was certain that the moment I closed my eyes a demon would overtake my body. For most of my teen years, I covered my TV in case that little fella on the bike would pop up and say “Cerise wanna play a game”. What I am trying to say, is that I believe meditation will work for you when you’re ready but don’t get hung up on it. We can achieve the same positive outcomes that meditation can give us through various activities like walking your dog, painting, singing or even watching a movie. The beauty of a hobby is that it puts us in the present where our minds are only focused on what we are doing at that moment in time. I call it the flow and if you’re feeling good then who gives a crap what it is (unless you’re a psycho and get a kick out of doing weird shit).

It may surprise you, but I don’t meditate to be calmer, find my zen or release anxiety because I have discovered that my creative outlets are perfect for that. One of them being, me dancing around in my bedroom like a knob or playing terribly on my guitar. But that’s because my intention for meditation is to communicate with the other side. Yes, you’re right, I am referring to people that have popped their clogs (dead) or to have a chin wag with my spirit guides and in general unravel shit and trauma that’s dimming my light. I know it sounds completely and utterly mental but I believe to my core that there is life after death. I am not accepting lights out the shows over, sort of ending. Also, I am certain I have lived a few lives before this one but that’s a whole blog in itself because reincarnation is deep. At the end of the day, I believe that how we lift our vibrations up and stay connected to ourselves is completely down to the individual. I promise you, you’re no less connected to the universe, spirit, good vibes, whatever you want to call it than those who meditate at 6 am every day. I will admit those types of morning people are IMPRESSIVE. Maybe the next time you try to meditate but can’t get your head to STFU then take a minute to ask yourself what you truly need at that moment. I’m not even joking, I screamed into a pillow and at the top of the hill because meditation couldn’t shift the anger, and it felt good. Sometimes trying to quiet your mind when she’s on one about what you should have said in that argument last week is draining AF. And seriously, who has time for that?  



xoxo blame it on the moon 


Comments

Popular Posts