The MC SUPERPOWER!

Wearing the menstrual cup literally changed my relationship with my body. You think I am joking but something pretty cool happened the moment I pulled the cup out for the first time (sorry to be graphic but there’s really no other way to describe it). For the first time in my life, I actually could see what my body had gone through because it was staring back at me in the cup. To me, it’s always felt like tsunami down there but it was cool to see it in all of its glory. I always remember them showing us in science how much we would actually bleed, however, until it’s your own you don’t quite believe it. I sat on the toilet and my brain exploded. I suddenly felt like a boss bitch with a secret superpower. All-day long, I had been plodding along serving up coffee to the general public, and no one had any clue that there was a cup inside me. Or that my body was LITERALLY shredding her own womb. Of course, maybe my slightly snappy disposition and hangry mood swings was a giveaway but you wouldn’t have known that I had a cup in my fanny. Honestly, I think it’s the coolest trick in the book. In fact, it’s FUCKING GENIUS. You may wear a cup and be reading this thinking, “WTF are you talking about because I still feel like I am being stabbed in the vagina”. That’s still me too but there has definitely been a mental shift from me hating my period to appreciating what my body is capable of. I have been wearing an MC for over two years now, and what is most important, is that you do whatever feels right for your body. So be it a cup, a tampon, perhaps a pad or even those pants you can just flow free into. You do you, cause it’s your bod and your fucking world.


    xoxo blame it on the moon

Comments

Popular Posts